Fog Part II


posted by Leb on , , ,

No comments

It was so frustrating today. I invigilated for an associated exam, that means Erasmus students doing exams. There were 20 people and I spent two hours just looking at them while they were writing. Bloodly boring. There were only two guys who tried to cheat and they were Italian. It was disappointing so I told them "stop behaving like Italians" in Italian. If your behavior is bad it becomes so easy to point out how "Italian" you are. After having invigilated I had other administrative tasks and so going up and dow in the Department.  I eventually went to my Boss' lecture. At the end of class he always wants to talk with me and I am not so happy since my English really sucks at end of the day. By the way, we talked about Japan and then told me he is going to give a special feedback to the Head of School about me and my work. He repeated three times that I deserve it. I tried to play down the importance of what I've done, especially because this is the only way I know to do my job. Yesterday I was so tired as to cry and today I was walking listen to my music and smiling, and it's not just because he is a big wig, but because I used my usual approach and even if he is a kind of genius, he has also some weakness. 

Never underestimate the power of empathy.