The Circle is closed beginning to end...


posted by Leb on

No comments

I've just came back from a friend of mine's graduation. She is the first person I met during my first official day at university, in October 2005. I was walking quite fast behind her, I was sure I was late because of the trains, but looking at her I thought "ok, I'm not the last one to enter". We took a seat in the same line and after a while we started talking and we found out we were from the same place.
The following two years we spent a lot of time together, we talked about everything, our families, our cumbersome grandmothers, our tastes. We had our long and tiring trips together. We befriended. Then our academic careers diverged and I finished my bachelor, master and II level master, while she was challenging each exam and it was not easy for her. I gave her all my notes and we kept on touch even if not so often. She missed both my graduations, but I've always known she was there for me. Today she got graduated and I was there. I was in the same place I started all this long path that on 14th September will lead me to teach in London. I met people, some  old professors, and I spent the afternoon in the same Aula Magna where I earned my bachelor. It was quite wierd, old stories, gone back to the beginning, new life is just getting started anew.