Let's talk about the future...


posted by Leb on

No comments

D: "This friend of mine is giving  her post-doc life up and she decided to get married.You know, if you choose this life you have to do a lot of sacrifices, it will be uncertainty, you'll often change everything, you'll be not able to settle down..."
I: "D, really, I don't care about roots, if I love what I'm doing it's enough. I have the chance to choose everything I want. No restriction, nobody to take into account, but myself. I have all the bargaining power, right now.
D: "Even if you are not looking for, someone is coming and you'll wish to find your place and put down roots. Think carefully about this."
I: And until that moment I can't live my life, can I? And what about if from now to ten years that moment is not going to come?